Sinister: 2 quickies [one OFF one ON]

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 2 17:28:22 GMT 1998

dave cohen wrote:

> > i met and spoke to amelia (heavenly, marine research) last night and remembered
> > that some said taht it was she that said the 'she and me' thing.

>       have Marine Research put out anything? i thought i had heard
>       about a 7" (called Queen B? MayB...) but not seen/heard it.
>       [sidenote on She and Me....Woody Guthrie used it in a lyric
>       on a song called Way Over Yonder (on the Mermaid Ave LP
>       that Billy Bragg and Wilco did.  about a young man attempting
>       to seduce some youngwom and getting cuaght by her mum
>       "she cut a switch from a cherry tree and laid it on to she and me"

marine research have a 7" available from 'where it's at is where you are'
(wiaiwya), the single is 'queen b' backed with 'y.y.u.b.'!

you can buy it direct from the label by sending payment (UK£ 2.50 for uk, UK£ 3.00
for europe and UK£ 3.50 for the rest of the world) to wiaiwya, 1 bankside, 10
brock lane, maidenhead, berkshire SL6 1LP, UK.

i don't know who to make cheques out to, but for around UK£ 3 you could probably
risk writing the cheque out and leaving the payee bit blank, it'll probably get
there, and if it doesn't, well you don't lose that much!

apprently they have a web site too at http://listen.to/marineresearch/ and you can
mail them at marineresearch at queenb.globalnet.co.uk

and one last thing, amelia has remembered roughly how to do the 'she and me'
thing;
"Did Sarah have dinner with Jeffrey that night, or was it she and me?"

"I think you need to set up the sentence with a clear subject and object and
then substitute in the she and me for these in a second clause."

>       unless guthrie was talking about Sheila and Amelia as well...]
>
>       second query: there was a mention of the Tigermilk rerelease
>       being around the corner...how long of a block are we talking
>       about here??

just round to the corner shop and back :)
about march/april/may are the dates currently being bandied about, it's happening,
it just needs the details worked out

cheers

david

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd

http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/salako/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/snowpatrol/

                         mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list