Sinister: C.S. Lewis/Aslan/Velvet Goldmine

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Thu Dec 3 07:19:58 GMT 1998

So Stuart M. is a Lewis fan, huh?

Cool.  So am I.  Even though these are children books somewhat, I thoroughly
rank Lewis' Narnia series along with Tolkien, Lord Dunsany, and Mervyn Peake
and some of my fave fantasy fiction.

In our own musical group The Now, we even named our imaginary percussionist
Aslan after a Narnia character for a T.Rex cover we did on the cd compilation
"Resurrection Of The Warlock- a tribute to Marc Bolan & T.Rex" in '95.

Relating Marc to B&S since they are side by side on the Acid House sdtrk,  I
caught the Velvet Goldmine flick finally (Miss Heather Propes).  Nice Roxy
covers.  Radiohead's Yorke was tailormade to sing those songs.  Great
soundtrack but the movie was kinda disappointing. David/Angie Bowie story told
with all the mythic lies and some Cobain/Lou Reed/Iggy Pop/Bolanisms/Jagger
thrown into the mix.   I wish they could have done it a little better as far
as character development.

When does the Acid House celluloid open?  January?

Pete