Sinister: Nothing in particular

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Thu Dec 3 13:56:53 GMT 1998

G'day all

Just popping in with a few obesrvations/comments/unsolicited opinions on some of the
recent thread.  They've actually started giving me work to do (bastards!  What do
they think they pay me for?), so I've had to go back to lurking mode for a while.
Anyways...

Records of the year:  Belle & Sebastian - TBWTAS (natch), Billy Bragg & Wilco -
Mermaid Avenue, Emm Gryner - Public, Semisonic - Feeling Strangely Fine, Sloan - Navy
Blues, Spiritualized - Live At The Royal Albert Hall, Elliott Smith - XO

Honorable mentions to Catatonia, Bernard Butler, Drugstore, Mojave 3, Bob Mould,
Heather Nova, Son Volt, Pulp and Cracker.

Records I would have liked to have on the list but that I can't find on this
continent for less than $35...
The Boo Radleys - Kingsize (but since they now have North American distribution and
will be released in late January, look for it on next years list... boo forever!)
Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours (of course the All Saints
remix album can find distribution, but the Manics?  Oh nooo....)
Sparklehorse - Good Morning Spider

Regarding C.S. Lewis:  I read recently that his theological books were enjoying a
resurgence in popularity.  I guess they look good alongside those Chicken Soup and
Celestine Prophecy books... I thoroghly enjoyed the Narnia books, though I don't
think I've ever managed to read them in the proper order.  The Last Battle disturbed
me - the body count was pretty high for an 8 year old to deal with.  BTW - did anyone
catch the Stu Murdoch quote in December's Select where he says he wouldn't mind if
B&S were called a Christian rock band?  I think that's what he said, I don't have the
article handy for reference... interesting, anyways.

To anyone in the US/Canada who's ordered stuff from Jeepster before:  How long does
it take to ship a package about the size of a t-shirt and CD across the Atlantic?
I'll be foolishly checking my mailbox everyday from Dec 7 on awaiting my Christmas
gift to myself...

Alyssa:  Sincerest condolences (sp?) about your cat.

List crush:  I see I am conspicuously absent... that's fine... why should cyberspace
be any different from the real world... sob sob (peeking through the crocodile tears
to see if the desperate ploy for pity is paying off...)

Well, I think that brings me up to speed.  Have a good day everyone and beware the
ice weasels.  They have pointy nasty teeth.

--
Frank Yang
"Ooh, you got a head bag!  Those are chock full of... heady goodness."

In my CD player:  The Boo Radleys - Wake Up!