Sinister: Glasgow Adventures

Kara Baer karastar at xxx.com
Thu Dec 3 17:24:53 GMT 1998

Greeting Fellow Listees..

I have just finished filling out the last of my paperwork and now it's official..this sweet li'l american girl is headed to Glasgow next semester. My flight leaves 3 January and I'm so very nervous.  Will my American accent and clothes stick out too too much? Shall I have to purchase a pair of flares and platforms?  Do they appreciate the fine points of American culture..things like "Mr. Belvedere", "Three's Company", and "TJ Hooker"?

Maybe I can join Sarah Wheeler in the stairwell of Mr. Murdoch's apartment building waiting for a glimpse of the silvery trousers.

I have been generously granted a copy of Tigermilk, thanks to Jessica Foxinasnow and the Post Office Gods (one must pay homage to them every other Thursday..leaving half a bottle of milk and three pieces of gum in my mailbox).  I must say it's absolutely lovely.  My favorite so far is "She's Losing It" followed by "We Rule the School."

Love KaraStar
"I know politics bores you, but I feel like a hypocrite talking to you and your racist friend."

Yeah, I voted for Reid.