Sinister: really shabby poetry

Putneysays at xxx.com Putneysays at xxx.com
Fri Dec 4 01:59:40 GMT 1998

Dear Lovely Listees,

Um...I don't really post the list much, because I'm afraid of the evaluation
other sinisiteries will give my letters..."did she use enough indie
references?  do you think she wears cardigans? I wonder what type of cheese is
her favorite?  Oh, swiss?  How passe....  I know why she didn't get any list
crush votes..." etc.
	Anyway, I wrote a sonnet of sorts for my English class on Belle And
sebastian, and for some strange reason I thought perhaps some of you would be
interested in reading it...remember, I'm only a freshman in high school, and
I've never written a sonnet before, which explains why it's so awful...but the
subject matter is appropriate for this list, I suppose.  My list crush, the
lovely Iain Hamilton, was kind enough to lie to me and tell me it was nice.
Critiquing and nasty insults about it are welcome, please!  I won't reveal
what grade I got on it until after you all are horribly disappointed with it.
Susannah, the not-as-funny-and-charming-as-the-other-Susannah

										Susannah Grossman
										Period 3 11/23/98
										Mrs. Napor

Belle And Sebastian

Magical music, always ironic
Twisting down pastel corridors, kind, meek
Savage, arch, cynical, wry, sardonic
Giddy pop escapes boredom from the week.

Fragile girls with buck teeth and stringy hair
Buses, cardigans, wasting lives away
Boys confused, awkwardly learning they care
Ice cream compositions to make hearts sway.

Musing soberly, unemployed, tired, poor
Joyful days of squandering time
Sweetly romantic, a quirky troubadour
Clever horns, guitars using pantomime.

Gentle melody, lovely harmony
Prettiest songs in all of Brittany.

P.S.  I know Belle and sebastian aren't from France, but I couldn't think of
another rhyme.  okay, sorry for this long and boring post, I'll never do it
again, I swear.