Sinister: list of fun

Martin Horsfield martin_horsfield at xxx.com
Fri Dec 4 11:02:51 GMT 1998

Dear all,

Martin here, back in good humour. Last night's gig at the Acoustic
Caff was 100 times better than the night before. Indeed the night
actually sold out (though Matinee made the princely sum of £8 from the
door - listen guys, flyers are for handing in, not pinning to your
kitchen wall). So now its down to some songwriting before our Poetry
Caff outing in Feb and a Friday night headline at the Acoustic in
March. Go to www.members.tripod.com/~the_embankment on Monday for some
new pics, postings and, perhaps, smut.

Right. Now I can cut back on the shameless self-publicity and
concentrate on biscuit-munching meditations on Belle & Sebastian,
love, lists and life.

(By the way, can we guillotine the grammar debate, please? It's bad
enough correcting spellings for a living, without having people do it
to your personal thoughts. "As impersonal as a love letter from a
sub-editor," was the only thing that uber-toff and Cosmopoltian's 4th
placed woman of achievement (1996) Charlotte Eagar said that I could
identify with in the short time that I worked for her this year.)

I'm thoroughly enjoying list life at the moment, except for the lack
of Courtney action. Love life's showing green shoots of recovery, too,
after I got talking to a first year art student on the tube back from
last night's gig. I'm not alone in falling in love with a different
person every day on London's fabulous late-night transport network am
I?

B&S content shall unfortunately be restricted to buying Modern Rock
Song in my lunch hour on Monday and playing it to death all week. Good
to see the band getting their dues in Select magazine at last. Andy
Perry and Roy Wilkinson must have beaten Chopper Harris into
submission with the Arab Strap, as it were. I'm not a betting man, but
after last week's 'death of youth culture' issue, it wouldn't surprise
me if B&S made it to the cover of NME next week too, interview or not.

In my brand new minidisc - bootlegs of Pink Floyd, circa Atom Heart
Mother; ie slightly disturbing pastoral phase. Very interesting.

Martin Horsfield, light headed

PS/Sorry Gary. Course I know da'Rovers are a 1st Divsion side. I also
remember how about twelve of you invaded the pitch and came into our
end when we knocked you out of the Freight Rover around 1985. Still,
you can't help but love a team that had Morrissey playing for them,
can you? How could you let Ray Mathias come back to Wigan, though?
That's two fucking great managers we've poached off you (though Bryan
Hamilton's not that popular down Wigan way any more).

PPS/Does anyone know why hotmail chops the end of all of my messages?