Sinister: Introducing Piers Dinkle & Lars Melons

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Dec 4 14:45:40 GMT 1998

Can I have Keith and Tag's crush votes please, seeing as the miserable
sods don't want them?

What's all this about Pete Wylie?

All things being equal, Rastas say "I and I", not "I am I". Something
to do with their oneness with God, or somesuch voodoo jiggery pokery.
All grammar questions (except that one) are covered by grammar or
style books, such as The Penguin Dictionary of Troublesome Words by
Bill Bryson, which has the advantage of being quite funny at times. It
clears up Amelia Gosh's problem before you can say "he's my beatnik
boy, he makes me jump for joy". Rasta talk usually occupies a quick
glossary type thing at the back of any reggae book, including smutty
stuff, known as "slackness". Bill Bryson, isn't that the bloke who
goes for walks and writes books about them?

Unless great misfortune befalls me before then, I shall be introduced
to the delicate magic of Hefner in concert this evening. This is how
they are discribed in the advertising thingy:

Aurten "Breaking God's Heart" lanarekin estrainatu den hirukotea, pop,
folk, country eta soul musikak nahasten dituzten albuna hain zuzen.
Beste talde batzuen eragina ere izan dute Beach Boys, Pavement eta
Violent Femmes taldeena adibidez. Hefner-en kantari bizikidetza
sexuala du Stuart Murdoch-ekin, Belle eta Sebastian-en kantari eta
kantagile gay-a.

So that should be good. They look like a bunch of grinning ninnies in
the photo, and one of them's trying to get his willy out. There's an
internet address if anyone's
interested:

http://www.gipuzkoa.net/gaztemaniak

Has anyone answered the listees with children question yet? Off the
top of my head, David Moore of Cheltenham UK not only has children, he
even allows his daughter to have a boyfriend. dangerously liberal, I
feel. Someone, I think it was David/Ruth, was talking about taking a
newborn sprog to the London concert. Many moons ago someone's mum was
on the list, if you remember they had to accompany their offspring to
the NYC Sessions at West 54th or whatever. And who could forget the
comforting presence of Big Arthur Bergman?

I sent an anecdote to Neil, but it appears to have been rejected.

Piers Dinkle and Lars Melons are a Scandinavian detective duo, like
Starsky and Hutch, only gay. It needs a bit of work, but I think this
idea could be my ticket to the big time.

Gary, could you call your next message "99% of Gargoyles Look Like Bob
Todd" please?

Sister Disco

PS: Charlotte, I've done your tape. I just need to road test it now.
Also I was going to insinuate that you were up the duff (at the end of
that bit about list children), but decided against it in case you got
even more angry with me than you probably are already.