Sinister: Never had a nickname (except Joey Deacon and I didn't like it)

Martin_Conneely at xxx.ie Martin_Conneely at xxx.ie
Fri Dec 4 14:49:40 GMT 1998

1.  Joey Deacon (the artist formerly known as Nick Dastoor) wrote:

"<<Even if you don't have children, he's teaching them in some
insidious way.  Who on the list has got children apart from that
Martin Connelly>>

Weren't there lots of news items last year about the UK Child Support
Agency hounding and
persecuting absent fathers who weren't supporting their children.  Even
fathers who hardly
had the wherewithal to support themselves.  Maybe that Agency has taken on
that Joey Deacon
as a bounty hunter.  Should UK males beware before anwering the question?

2, Also,
<<no.. barrage of posts just listing fave records.  Weave them magically
into other posts..>>
Here goes with the weaving:  Seamus thought that "eugene kelley was no good
 at all", which
was why I found it so hard to find the message when I searched for kelly
with one "e" :).
He played support for Superstar in Dublin last Tuesday, so I had to miss
the CS Lewis
programme as I hoped Eugene K would do some songs from Eugenius: "Mary
Queen of Scots". IMHO,
it's one of the best LPs ever: pure melody and a beautful voice (IYFS would
 be No. 1).  He
did his best for the 25 of us who were there when he started but I suppose
he thought we had
never heard of him. Sorry I couldn't make the weaving magical.

3.  I was away from the list for a few weeks and never saw the outcome of
the "dose of thrush
while licking railings" LLPJ controversy.  In the west of Ireland, we used
to talk of giving
a door, say, a "lick of paint".  If that usage carried into Scots (which
could easily
happen)it would just mean that she got a dose of thrush while painting
railings. Maybe she
just got in the way of some thrush-shit while painting those railings.
Would that solve it
all?

Martin C.