Sinister: b&s not for the autistic

keith m keithmcl at xxx.net
Fri Dec 4 17:57:54 GMT 1998

hi, my friend holly is an occupational therapy
student(hey just like stevie jackson) and at the
moment she is focusing on music therapy to help
autistic children communicate better with the
world and well she mostly uses classical music but
some days she tries popular music.  the kids are
encouraged to play along or follow the music, not
sure how it works cause she is in virginia and i
am not:)  anyhow i guess belle and sebastian is
not all that effective because of the docile
nature of the music and the lack of abrupt changes
in the music, apparently more bombastic material
like the 1812 overture or deeply rhythmic music
works best.  ok that was pointless but it is my
first ever post on topic.
my fave records this year?  mark hollis' record is
the only masterpiece(in my opinion) and it is
probably not for the autistic either as it is the
quietest record of the year surely.
my other faves(in sad generic list
fashion)-neutral milk hotel, hefner, simon
joyner,pram, push kings,minders,godzuki,his name
is alive,gorky's zygotic mynci,
skypark,denver,cessna,algebra
spaghetti,quickspace,boos, and b&s:)

keith mcl