Sinister: Not A Lot

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sat Dec 5 14:36:26 GMT 1998

Hi All,

Chris (Lear) Leonard updated The Owl & The Pussy Cat:

        Murdoch and Isobel went to sea
        In a beautiful pea green boat,
        They took scrapings from Honey,

I thought we'd finished the cheese thread?

Someone (Spanish A..?) asked recently what Nick Drake to listen to. Try:

River Man/Way To Blue/When The Day Is Done/Cello Song/Fruit Tree from 5
Leaves Left, Hazey Jane II/One Of These Things First/Fly/Northern Sky from
Bryter Later, From The Morning from Pink Moon, or the Thoughts Of Mary Jane
from Time Of No Reply.

After listening to these you'll come to realise that he was a genius (or
maybe that the team that produced the albums were touched by it) and shed a
tear for the tragedy of another life cut short.

Spanish-based PyJama Man (What was the crime, Peter? How are the
extradition hearings going?) wrote:

        Has anyone answered the listees with children question yet? Off the
        top of my head, David Moore of Cheltenham UK not only has children,
he
        even allows his daughter to have a boyfriend. dangerously liberal,
        feel.

I do have three offspring, but when the eldest is 20 its hard to think of
them as children. More often than not, I think of them as my mates.

I like the new Cinerama single, the third track of which is notable for
including chunks of the theme from seventies TV adaptation of Essex boy
Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe, very stirring, and the complete Gedge
lyrical oeuvre In A Nutsac:

        You can't get a phone call like that and not tell me
        You can't lie with him in our bed and not smell me

Talking of nutsacs, is a sack of dick the equivalent of a bag of shite? Two
nations separated by a common language indeed.

Snowing outside, but no foxes, just my cat and some squirrels - I'd better
look out for Elvis.

In the CD: hopefully no more engineers, so that I can get it back again
today!

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK