Sinister: movements

aaron tieger atieger at xxx.com
Sat Dec 5 17:54:50 GMT 1998

I used to spend a lot of time thinking about
movements, wishing I was more a part of one. Beat,
Mod, Punk; Imagist, Modernist, Confessional (well,
not Confessional)... anything. Then I started
thinking I'd start my own movement, an anti-movement
saying "Fuck all this GenX shit." Then after many
drunken "conventions" in bars we realized that an
anti-movement movement is really more redundant than
clever.

So now I think fuck it all. We're all individuals,
just like everyone else.
Yes I like to hang out with people who wear the same
type of footwear and have more or less the same
social and artistic concerns, but what does it all
mean? Nothing. The world goes on, regardless of
attempts to change it: all we can do is work on
improving our relationship to the world.

Sorry I'm not very articulate, but I've had my
slightly hungover head in several books all morning.
Anybody out there interested in Wilhelm Reich?

aaron

===
atieger at rocketmail.com

I tossed in my quilt