Sinister: various off-topics

GaoBest at xxx.com GaoBest at xxx.com
Sat Dec 5 19:32:35 GMT 1998

hey kids

I'm seeing Billy Bragg tonight, and I'm wondeirng if those of you who've seen
him on this tour can tell me about how long his set is.  I should have asked
this days ago, ack.  Also was the rest of his US tour part of some Jade
Neptune benefit - what exactly is Jade Neptune benefit anyways??

Also there's the Javits Center in Dublin (in northside as well, but very close
to the bridge!) and Javits Center in NYC.  Are they related, I've always
wondered.  Are there other Javits Centers in other major cities? I personally
prefer to say "The Jarvis Center" instead of "The Javits Center" but that's
just me.

With the B&S references to supermarkets, I'm wondering if they'll ever write
more songs related to the office-supply superstores (which are strong at least
in the US, not sure if they're as prolific in the UK) - does anyone in this
list work in the grocery or office supply industries? I was told that the US
supermarkets sell diapers and baby products as loss-leaders, so I'm wondering
if it's the supermarkets that take the loss, or if they pass the loss to the
manufacturers.  I was told from an office supply manufacturer that office
supply shops sell paper clips super-cheap, but they do'nt take the loss, it's
the manufacturers (mainly ACCO, Mead, and the other major vendors) who are
forced to sell paper clips at a loss.  He mentioned how he hates selling paper
clips but he is forced to carry them in his catalog to offer the full-rnage of
office-supply products.  How can I find more good gossip 'bout these two
industries, what are the better industry trade magazines that I should be
getting?

cheers
mike