Sinister: KoC fun

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sun Dec 6 23:29:44 GMT 1998

Hello Little Ones,

I just went into our local newsagent and saw that B&S advert in Select
that everyone's going on about, and it's ace.  I suggest you all go
and have a look.  Inside back cover as JJ said, I wouldn't want any of
you to unnecessarily waste your money on magazines, unless...you know.
Because I'm very cultured, I recognised the picture in the advert as
being from the Jean-Luc Godard film "Une femme mariee" as I'm sure you
all noticed.  Funnily enough, I recently bought the make up's
"Untouchable sound" single, the sleeve of which is also uses lots of
images from Godard films.  Mere coincidence?  Who cares?

Even though Mick doubts that nice John Warrander chap's soft rock
credentials, John just bought me the Sagittarius LP "Present Tense",
which was very kind of him.  I don't know how I lived without it
frankly, it's the most wonderful thing, even better than the
Millenium.

Last night everyone's favourite Norwegians the Kings of Convenience
played at the Star and Garter.  They were very good.  They even did a
Nick Drake song to increase their Sinister cred.  Well, maybe that's
not actually why they did it.  Later one of the Kings, Erlend, shook
his rather pert booty upstairs at Smile, where some juvenile fopp, a
drunken Aberdonian and an Eskimo were DJing, without the benefit of
headphones.  Like troopers.  Keith, we played "Ace of Spades", where
were you?

Duke, if you interview Lawrence, ask him if he still thinks Dani Behr
is "a bit of allroight".

Susannah's back!  She'll tell us what to do.  Susannah, are you going
to box Stu then?  Wouldn't mud wrestling be better?  I'd pay good
money to watch that.

Love
Tag xxx