Sinister: beat patrol, thoughts on evolution of consciousness

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Mon Dec 7 07:54:10 GMT 1998

greetings, nothing witty to start out with.....
iv'e just finished off my champagne and chinese food as my sickness seems to
have disappeared, thank heaven.   so i'm a bit out of it, but not that much.
Firstly, the dapper and helpful  weeJay has suggested to me RE the Isobel
shrine, that such a structure would be lacking without the benefit of the
isobel interview in the beat patrol recording.  *sigh* would any sweet souls
be willing to help me out, if not for charity and posterity, then for
appropriate recompense??  just a thought.  i've been probably too busy
asking for things around here.  but it's hard living in the Bible Belt.
*whine, whine, whine*
leave alone the nice fella who likes the gate, eh? let us enjoy our isobel
in peace.  we never bothered you all with your stinky "century of elvis" did
we??
(Without intent to generalize!=)
i just read the belle lettres the other day, and let me say i was touched
beyond words.  maybe it hit a little too close to home for me at this time.
it was quite beautiful.  like i said iw as touched beyond words, so not much
to say.
i'd like to thank MTV for showcasing a relentless pile of crap ska and
industrial and joke-rock, and billing it as an alternative to mainstream
crap.  this provides me with endless amusement at other's expense.  oh
looky, another bunch of dork-wads with spiked hair and bug sunglasses and
snowboards on their record covers, i can hardly wait for the wisdom this lot
will surely spew.   i think we should all go to 120 minutes page and deluge
them with so many belle and sebastian requests that their server goes down.
they had i noticed last week, a clip for is it wicked on the openeing page
of 120 minutes section, i was quite shocked as i had never even been to that
page before.  i really need to put in my lousy 2 cents, that will surely
make a difference against the million emails they get daily reading like so:
"Hey Carson, you rock!! would you PLEEEEZE play the offspring's ""Pretty Fly
(For a White Guy)" for me and my boyfriend Jaymes?  he thinks those naked
girls by the pool are SOOOO sexy!!!"
well i supose it couldn't hurt to pretend to be a nice fuzzy sweater
movement and request fuzzy music  instead of, uh, well crap.   as per youth
movements i think someone said this in a way, but seems we have almost moved
beyond the point of authentic singularity in groups as a trend--in the sense
that everything has been recycled, we are only taking the basics  planted
before and moving them to the next level, as it were, amalgamating all prior
knowledge and reforming it to suit the advancement of our consciousness.
now we have fake movements like the current apparent revival of
disco/electronic/sugary/single-phrase beyond-retro pop, like  that music
sounds better with you song.  what is the deal with that anyway?  dmitri
from paris fits into there too, in my view.  istn'  belle and sebastian a
bit of an appropriate denial of such, that masquerades as innovative, but is
fundamentially empty.  some things can't really be improved upon.  sounds
can be re-designed and mixed up, but without the emotion and substance
behind it, it's only a stopping  point on the  road to someone who can
utilize it within a larger context. fatboy slim maybe nice background noise,
but who's gonna hear that and have a revelation of spirit???
enough of my silly opinions.
(not!)
i think we are a nice pseudo-movement.  i dont know isn't that a bit of an
indie 'trend' that of connecting more directly to the fans, grass roots so
to speak?  but that's a lot of DIY too from punk.  punk was necessary to
break out at that time, but punk is outdated now, the ethic has been
interpolated into day-to-day so the extreme is obsolete.   isn't it,
really....
niceness is a kind of revolt now, away from the me me 80's, and away from
the millenial furor and marilyn manson's supposed rebellion which is really
as i stated, obsolete, we've had all that  already, there is no more
shocking thing to do than smile at your neighbor and ride buses quietly.
it's a nice respite from those who claim we're gonna have to go MAD to move
intothe next century, but we know don't we, there is going to be no paradigm
shift a la PUNK extremes, 2001 comes and sad librarians will still be
singing about their dogs on wheels, and i'll still be thinking of my photo
jeny. all those who think it's going to explode are going to be crushed by
their own predictions.  we sit in our windows watching them go by, and turn
back to drink some tea and toast the new era.  there are better ways of
evolving and  i think we have got it all right.
So who want's to blow up the Capitol building eh? eh?   let's resurrect gg
allin!!!

cheers to all the luvverly kiddies  who have got their placid boots on
right.  not docile, passively resistant.  the best way to make a bully mad,
is to ignore them and go on with your business.  we'll show them ...

jonathon richman, what the hell???
i have lost patience with the pseudo millenium. there is no such thing.
well enough to have dirty dreams again,
lesley Jo