Sinister: Vive la Bagatelle! NBSC

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Dec 7 12:44:16 GMT 1998

David Moore wrote:

I do have three offspring, but when the eldest is 20 its hard to think
of
them as children. More often than not, I think of them as my mates.

If I ever have children I shall think of them as
slave labour, thrash them accordingly, and feed them to the local
chimney sweeps.

Gary, can we have the Ted Moult one next?

Susannah said:

Did you know that channel 4 are to screen a documentary on
bestiality? Set your videos.

It's funny you should mention that, because just look what I found!
Perhaps this could be the inaugural waddling of the Pervy Pop Penguin,
just like the Poetry Parrot only a bit pervy?

A HORRIBLE CASE OF BESTIALITY

There was a youth whose name was Stuart Murdoch...He was this year
detected of buggery, and indicted for the same, with a mare, a cow,
two goats, five sheep, two calves and a turkey. Horrible it is to
mention, but the truth of the history requires it. He was first
discovered by one Isobel Campbell, who accidentally saw his lewd
practice towards the mare. (I forebear particulars.) Being upon it
examined and committed, in the end he not only confessed the fact with
that beast at that time, but sundry times before and at several times
with all the forenamed in his indictment.....And whereas some of the
sheep could not so well be known by his description of them, others
with them were brought before him and he declared which were they and
which were not. And accordingly he was cast by the jury and condemned,
and after executed about the 8th of september, 1642. A very sad
spectacle it was.

by William Bradford, 1642

Shocking stuff, eh? Could it be that our own Stuart Murdoch is the pop
reincarnation of this wicked fellow? I think so. Examine his genitals
immediately, Doctor Baxter! Any sign of goat poo in his pubes? Hmmm.

Is the new EP out today? Don't forget to ask your local stockist how
many copies they've ordered! Of such stuff fine mailing lists are
formed.

I am about to attempt something breathtaking and daring, not unlike
the collaboration between Russians and Americans on the troubled MIR
space station. I am going to contribute to a thread that I noticed
over on the fabled Shalala list. Our twee chums were discussing the
demise of Creation Records, a topic that inspired Shalalalanians to
impressively lengthy ponderings last month. Here is my own grain of
sand, which may or may not have been covered without me noticing:

About the time when Creation were bought by Sony, there wasa business
programme on the telly that was devoted to the music industry for one
week only. They investigated the M People phenomenon and some other
stuff, including Creation. Alan McGee said fairly clearly that
Creation was going to be a load of shite from then on, or at least he
said the Sony influence would probably change their way of working.
Also, after the success of Nirvana, there were seminars and stuff
about marketing music after Nirvana, and I suspect that Creation
people were jotting everything down in their notebooks to use it all
on Oasis.

None of the above of accounts for Slowdive and Ride and all that lot
though, so it's probably all rubbish. I just wanted to get an idea of
what it's like to be on Shalala. I look forward to the updating of the
archives, a whole month of pop gumdrops in one sitting!

Chuck D should wash his mouth out with soap and water. I thought that
when he got mad he put it down on a pad and gave us something that we
never had.

Peter