Sinister: this is just a (post)modern rock song

david kitchen - jeepster shop at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 7 14:23:45 GMT 1998

Archel wrote:

> darling list,
>
> things which made this young girl sigh on receipt of TIJAMRS ce matin:
>
> 1/ stuart sings 'lucid when i'm writing songs' not ..'riding buses' :(
> 2/ no twiddly vocal on 'feeling strange' or 'rock and roll' :(

this always happens, and well, i may appear heartless, but isn't it almost
justice? a lot of you spend ages tracing every recording, and you grow so familiar
to them and their quirks, that when a finished version is released, well, there's
little excitement and lots of criticism! the few of you that go so far will never
be as happy with a new release as the ones that do nothing except buy the records.

jees!

this is b&s we're talking about, the songs are wonderful!!!
more than that  they're the soundtrack to our lives!!!!!!

and who cares if it isn't the same version with the same quirks as the one that
stuart m recorded in a trappist monastary on the head-monks ansaphone some 20
years ago? isn't it more than that now? shouldn't we be able to seperate ourselves
from that kind of critique of a band that we love and instead just appreciate the
beauty of 'slow graffiti' and the breathtaking faults in '...modern rock song'?

just a thought you know?

anyhow...

<snip>

> 3/ the whole of "slow graffiti" - oscar wilde reference, right?
> 4/ getting the Cd in the post in the first place. B&S over breakfast on a
> monday morning! what could be better?

right about the 'picture of dorian gray' reference, and thank you for letting me
know that the help of jake and everyone here did mean that some people have
received their TEEJAMMERS in the first post this morning. it does make my day to
know that a lot of you have woken up with smiles at finding posts, and wide grins
at the content :)

cheers

david

                  david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd

http://www.jeepster.co.uk/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/salako/ http://www.jeepster.co.uk/snowpatrol/

                         mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list