No subject

Martin Horsfield mart at xxx.uk
Sat Dec 5 15:59:06 GMT 1998

Hiya,

Have to say, I agree with Chris in his assesment that B&S fans represent
a meta-movement of sorts. Part of this band's charm is that while they
would rather idle their time in cafes than talk to the music press,
their fans know that they can direct any question they like to them via
email. Apart from the Manics, I can't think of another band that has
held themselves with the same dignity or preserved their ideals so
completely. Compare them to major label 'indie' creations such as
Electrasy, Placebo or Hurricane #1, who would sell their songs to
anyone, present themselves to anyone, jump through hoops to appear on
kids TV and you can't help but wonder why everyone doesn't run their
artistic careers the same way.

(My only slight qualm being that the Internet is somewhat more expensive
than the NME or Selectadisc, at least in the UK).

Roll on cable modems! In the words of, erm, Rush:
"All this tchnology making modern music/you can still be open
hearted/it's just a question of your honesty, yeah!"

Anyone noticed that the divine Dot Allsion out of One Dove is supporting
Saint Etienne at the Forum. I met her at a party in Clapham last year
and she reckons she's trying to mine a country soul seam, with a cred
dance sheen. Should be better than Alabama 3 at any rate.

Martin Horsfield, succumbing to flu