Sinister: She's a teacher, and she's got style...

Delaware9 at xxx.com Delaware9 at xxx.com
Tue Dec 8 03:36:54 GMT 1998

Wow, my first Study at Stow score!

I always like hearing about when you all wear yr Study at Stow T-shirts and
people comment on them!  Ah, for so long I would read and think "Why doesnt
anyone ever run up to ME and shriek, 'YOU LIKE BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
TOO?!?!?!?'"  Usually I just have to explain over and over to people who look
at me quizzically and say "What's Stow?"  "Who are Belle and Sebastian?" etc.
But now I too have my own story to share, yay!!....

My college often sets up these little programs where one of our professors who
has done something of note recently will give a presentation during lunchtime
for all interested people to come and eat and listen to them talk.  And today
it was this lady who was into art history and literature and had just
published a book.  And instantly when she walked in I thought she was so kool!
She had this cute blond messy bun-hair and awesome old cat-eye glasses and
bright red lipstick!  And she was wearing this cute little sweater from the
50s and a long brown skirt and she just looked really nice and fun.  And her
presentation was intelligent and interesting, abt variations in the way
Hamlet's Ophelia has been portrayed throughout the years.  She started by
showing us the really old engravings, then Waterhouse's paintings, etc, and
moved up to modern times with things like the cover of PJ Harvey's "To Bring
You My Love" which mimics the scene of Ophelia drowning.  But then when she
was finished, and we were all standing up to leave, she saw my shirt and said
to me, "Hey, do you like Belle and Sebastian?"  and I started freaking out!
And I said of course and she told me that she had Sinister and TBWTAS!  And
she knew the songs on the EPs.  And we were talking abt them for a while.  It
was very surreal to me, in "a town so small, there's nothing left to do."  So
I was so excited, and what if i hadnt even worn my shirt?  I think we should
all wear our B/S shirts every day like a uniform, to identify each other!
Haha.  I just have to sign up for a class with this lady now!  She made my
day.  Hmmm...I wonder if she and me are the only B&S fans at my little skool?

Additionally, I wanted to bring to yr attention the email address for MTV's
120 Minutes.  Lesley Jo and I think that we should totally inundate them with
emails requesting "Is it Wicked Not to Care?" or Belle and Sebastian in
general. Maybe they will see the light and start playing them more instead of
Marilyn Manson or whomever it is that they play instead.  Even if you never
watch it, even if you dont have a TV, just write, it only takes a sec...Lesley
was even kind enough to provide a message for you busy types...just cut, paste
and send!

Play Belle and Sebastian
or you will stink like cheese for the whole next century!!!!!!!
it's true.

So there you go.
Send those emails to:  Minutes120 at aol.com
NOW!!

Jess, the forward slanting mother of all pudding bowl haircuts.