Sinister: Hello Operator

Miss Erin Nicole Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Wed Dec 9 06:51:14 GMT 1998

Hey kids!
     For those of you who are wondering, I am not dead, but I have
disappeared.  The past 3+ weeks, I have been roadtripping with and
entertaining my Australian boyfriend, and we are having a fabulous time.
This weekend in Los Angeles we saw a Picasso exhibit (probably the best
$12 I ever spent) and Mark Eitzel play the best music he's ever written
(all unreleased, natch).  We missed Rufus Wainwright because a certain
person is underage (please e-mail privately if you went and it stunk -
it will make my day).
     We also went to Aron's Records today, where we found 8 copies of
Teejammers on CD, and 4 on LP (CD price:  $7.99).  They also deliver,
and you can order from the Internet.  So for those of you in the U.S.
who live in small towns and feel like losers, worry no more!  Try either
www.aronsrecords.com or call them at (213) 469-4700.  They promise their
delivery is prompt, too.
     This week has been reserved for finishing up mix tapes.  I think
I've gotten just about everybody, but if you fear I've forgotten you,
don't hesitate to send me a reminder (Ezra - I've got you covered).
Even when I'm on the road, I still check my e-mail (but I delete my
Sinister digests).  Actually, I must confess I went to the archives to
look up a mention of my name (oooh, how vain, I know), and it gave me
175 entries for one month.  I only found two that my name was actually
in.  :(  Honey, is there something wrong with the search engine?  Or is
there a larger word like "wondering" that the word "erin" is in that is
confusing the search engine?  Hmmm....
     At the Mark Eitzel show, Simon leaned over to me and said, "Isn't
that your t-shirt?"  Sure enough, he spotted a Study-at-Stow.  I went
over to talk to said shirt-wearer, and he admitted that he was once on
the list, but had unsubscribed.  So I almost met one of my own.  :(
     I miss you all, and I hope you're having a wonderful holiday
season.  Keep snug and warm (except Ben, Sez, and the others lucky
enough to be in Oz right now - GRRRRR), eat lots of yummy food, and
watch loads of bad TV.  And any of you who love me and are feeling
bored, feel free to send me a mix tape for my three-day drive to
Missouri.  HINT, HINT.

Love, Miss Erin

P.S. Thanks to whoever voted for MysteryDate as his/her list crush!