Sinister: Meoldy Maker

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 9 12:40:28 GMT 1998

Cor, Belle and Sebastian article in Melody Maker, interesting stuff so it
is... What I've ascertained is that if the band weren't involved in this
then they've got a pretty good mole letting them know fairly accurate
information. Take this for example - this is a piece written by Mr. Peter
Miller about a year ago... (and starring Peter Miller, and Mr. Murdoch)

<<Some of our correspondents were dispatched to the gruesome opium den of
the Spacemen 3 dressing room, hoping to get some illumination from some of
the greatest minds in the late eighties indie rock galaxy......"Mister Boom,
if you were a pizza, what flavour pizza would you be?"...... About five
fragrant minutes later Sonic spoke...."That's a.....stupid question." End of
interview. >>

However, recently after that Stuart said the story was slightly different in
that he said: nah it wasn't that, it was "Are you a cat band or a dog band?"
And to my knowledge I've never told anyone else that apart from Peter (I
just searched for it in the archives, so I didn't post it to the list), and
this little anecdote appears in this weeks Melody Maker article, so there's
someone who knows them quite well letting on to Melody Maker!

Come on! Own up, who's the cowardly snivelling little mole! Naughty Naughty
(as Mr.C would've said).

That just reminded me, as this week's Harry Hill just began with a bit where
the bloke is in Jersey and introduces the programme as "Coming from the
Channel Islands, home of the cowardly collaborators with Hitler's Germany".
Which had me laughing.
	Also, in that Harry Hill, Burt Kwouk announces he's Irish, and for that
he's happy, as he's a big fan of the troubles - but then they work out that
he actually means, the Wombles.

Cheers,
  Keith.