Sinister: "Poetry is Pish!!!" Says OUTRAGED Struan Mugdock

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Wed Dec 9 11:56:49 GMT 1998

I've got the melody maker in front of me.   It's a great photo of Stuart
and Isobel, but it looks a bit like Isobel is having a shot on Stuart's
arse.   She certainly looks like she's up to something.  This is the
biggest picture I've seen of the pair of them, I think I'll sneak into
John Menzies and rip off loads of front pages and meticulously cut them
all out.  Then I can stick huge Stuart's and Isobar's all over Glasgow
and confuse the rest of the band.  'Alright Stuart and Isobel!' they'll
say, but it's not really them, it's one of my cut-outs.

There's the article in the middle which our Pam Berry gets quoted in,
but no mention of Timmy Hopkins who I remember was interviewed at the
Nottingham gig.  I haven't read it properly yet, so he might be.
There's another photo on the inside, with some dogs.  So there you go.
I keep looking at the cover.  Later on in the same issue the single gets
totally slated by Everett True.  Melody Maker is awfully shite.  But
it's a nice photo on the cover.

HoneyPaul has gone into hiding and I fear for the future.  Everybody
should send him a nice letter, like in pantomimes when the fairy is sad
and you've got to shout "CHEER UP" until the fairy is happy.  Talk to
your babies honey, we need you.

christopher