Sinister: musical suggestion

Chi.M.Lee at xxx.gov Chi.M.Lee at xxx.gov
Wed Dec 9 14:04:00 GMT 1998

>First, if you haven't already, run out and buy a Prefab Sprout record.
>_Steve McQueen_ is a bit moody, while _Jordan: The Comeback_ is brighter
>in mood and is almost like a series of intertwining concept-EPs.

Yes!  Someone finally mentions Prefab Sprout!

I'd also suggest the Sprouts' Protest Songs, which was only released in
the UK on Kitchenware records.  It's not as good as the previously mentioned
records but has several great pop songs, one of which is
Life of Surprises.  Also, the US release of Steve McQueen was re-titled
Two Wheels Good (I have no idea why?), and it's still one of my all time
favourites (it's up there with the Smiths' The Queen is Dead, MBV's Loveless,

and the Tindersticks first album).  The best song on this
record has to be Bonny, which is a haunting "killing me softly" ode to
a dead lover.  This song continues to bring chills up my spine whenever
I hear it.  So there, go out and buy Prefab Sprout!

Chi M. Lee