Sinister: How Long Must We Ding This Dong?

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Dec 9 20:02:13 GMT 1998

There's something fishy going on:

However, recently after that Stuart said the story was slightly
different in
that he said: nah it wasn't that, it was "Are you a cat band or a dog
band?"
And to my knowledge I've never told anyone else that apart from Peter
(I
just searched for it in the archives, so I didn't post it to the
list), and
this little anecdote appears in this weeks Melody Maker article, so
there's
someone who knows them quite well letting on to Melody Maker!

wrote Keith. I'm certainly not the mole, although I'd be quite willing
to be one if the price was right. I'd even be willing to make stuff
up. But my bank balance is charmingly minimalist, so it wasn't me. I
don't think I've spread that story around much either, mainly because
it's so excruciatingly embarrassing, especially to Mister Boom and His
Band. I should also point out that I don't have the honour of starring
in it, I was just revelling in the misfortunes of others. I don't know
how it got in Melody Maker, but I can't help wishing it wasn't there.
At any rate, I'm going to send my mum down the paper shop to get me
one so I can stick the cover on the wall.

Keith again:

Also, in that Harry Hill, Burt Kwouk announces he's Irish, and for
that
he's happy, as he's a big fan of the troubles - but then they work out
that
he actually means, the Wombles.

I'm going to think about that while I'm watching the football. A big
night for Turkish football, my heroes are only an hour and a bit up
the road in Bilbao, I feel terribly guilty about not shelling out huge
wads of cash to cheer them on.

Chris Leonard wrote:

HoneyPaul has gone into hiding and I fear for the future.  Everybody
should send him a nice letter, like in pantomimes when the fairy is
sad
and you've got to shout "CHEER UP" until the fairy is happy.  Talk to
your babies honey, we need you.

Yes, come on Paul! Is it true that you've got a leaky bottle of
patchouli oil in the kitchen drawer? I've listened to Jason King, it
gave me quite an erection, I can tell you.

David, will this be your first time with the in-laws? If so, good luck
skipper. Katrina, it sounds like you need a holiday. Yes, it's very
naughty of the journalists/photographers to ignore Stuart's wishes,
but I for one am looking forward to the day they catch the whole band
nudie sunbathing in the Seychelles.

A few weeks ago I recommended a load of CDs I didn't have for Stu G's
Northern Soul party. I think I've got them all now, and they're fab
and groovy one and all, especially 5000 Volts of Stax. It would make a
great stocking filler for Keith, as it contains an excellent version
of Who Is He/She And What Is He/She To You by The Soul Children, a
tender love instrumental from Isaac Hayes, Stoned Soul Picnic by The
Staple Singers and many, many more. Not one stinker among them. In
fact I think it may well be the perfect album which means that I'll
never have to buy another. At least I hope so.

Jordi has asked me to forward his review of Hefner/Cuba/Jack in
Barcelona, so that'll be along in a moment. Most of you will have to
send it through one of those translator thingies because it's in
Spanish. As you know, Jordi's messages have strange digest cutting
powers, so it's coming via me.

Gary, both Ted Moult and Len Ganley are/were from round our way,
they're my homies in fact. Your messages have been making me strangely
nostalgic. At least the titles have.

Right, I'm off now to cheer on my Turkish brethren.

Peter