Sinister: music stuff

aaron tieger atieger at xxx.com
Thu Dec 10 00:13:32 GMT 1998

1) I too am a musician-- well, a lapsed musician. I
realized recently that playing music interferes with
my writing poems, which is much more important to me,
so the music has sort of had to go. But even though
the answer to the question "What kind of musician are
you?" is "A crap one" I still consider myself one. I
play guitar, and sort of sing if I need to. With my
acoustic guitar, my songs tend to sound like Palace
or Smog or maybe Woody Guthrie (if I'm very lucky);
with my electric they tend to sound like Ida, sonic
youth, the cure, X, and jawbreaker. Band experiences
very bad.

2) A few digests back someone referred to bands like
the Sea and Cake, Low, Rex, Idaho, and Tortoise as
mathrock. And I hate to split hairs and bicker about
genres, but they're not, really. They're way too
mellow for math.

3) Any Candians out there aware of the bands Jughead
and Spirit of the West?

aaron

===
atieger at rocketmail.com