Sinister: This Is Just A Really Good Day

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Thu Dec 10 14:31:46 GMT 1998

'Allo Sinisterines:

First things first - a HUGE thanks to David and Katrina at Jeepster for being so
ridiculously efficient with the new EP.  Here  I was expecting to receive get it
maybe early next year (I figured it'd be sent out on the 7th, spend a million weeks
in transit, get lost in the holiday postal glut, etc.) but what was awaiting me when
I got home last night but a beautifully nondescript cardboard package!  Huzzah.  And
the t-shirt could not have been more appropriately timed as I got to put off doing
laundry for another day...

The EP proper - well, I'd never heard any of these songs before, so the anticipation
was pretty high.  And I'll admit, it didn't grab me on first listen.  It was a good
deal mellower than I'd expected (not that I really wanted 20 minutes of hardcore
B&S...), but upon just a few more listenings, it's certainly grown on me.  Hooray for
new B&S.

Other little tidbits that made my day - finding out the new Manics record will
finally be released in North America next March... better late than never, I
suppose.  Getting the Januray issue of Q, with bonus CD... I cannot believe Fatboy
Slim was in the Housemartins... I guess his muse was being stifled, for sure.  "Right
about now, the funk soul brother..."  Huh huh.  And Luke Perry's return to 90210
still has me on the edge of my seat.  Don't do the smack, Dylan!  It'll all end in
tears!

The CanCon (Canadian content) on this list is going through the roof!  Before you
know it, we'll be eligible for government funding or something.  And it's not Spirit
Of The West's fault that one of their songs was adopted by every drunken frat boy in
every university across Canada as their anthem.  They're a good band, who'd I'd
rather listen to than 99% of the dreck that our country puts out right now...  Death
to the Tea Party... but I digress.

Why film the new B&S video in Athens, GA?  I think Toronto would be a much more
suitable locale... we've got that big phallus - dirty dream indeed.

--
Frank Yang
"Don't chase Ganesh - you'll only get more wrath!"

In my CD player:  Pulp - This Is Hardcore