Sinister: B&S news that Katrina hasn't mentioned? (and other topics...)

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Dec 10 16:33:48 GMT 1998

Hullo,
	I checked the Jeepster site to see what was updated. By chance I
checked the "News" section on Jeepster rather than B&S. Here' what I
found.
Belle & Sebastian
	they're back in the rehearsal rooms and will hopefully deliver a new
album to us in the spring of next year. they're also working on a
possible new ep which should precede the album. yippee!

Looper
     the looper project has now completed their debut album which should
see it's release on jeepster in early march.

	I think there had been some mention of another EP after
ITCHYITCHYITCHYWAPANG, (shameless Monty Python reference) but this whole
new album in the spring deal is news to my ears. Logical news...but news
nonetheless. No mention of the Tigermilk re-release on the
webpage...hm...
	Oh yes, and we all knew that Looper had an album coming out on Sub-Pop,
but it being on Jeepster also is news, as the first single was
Sub-Pop-only.
	I absolutely loved Lesley Jo's B&S cartoon. I think Honey should
mothball it on the list website under the Mummy look what we've made
section. I wonder, though, where were Richard, Stevie & Mick (Cooke, not
me of course)? Richard always seems slighted, nobody talks about him
much. Well, at least he wasn't a villain...

Angel Gabriel wrote:
> Been a bit bored lately, so I thought I'd check which album was most
> popular in the voting booth - here are the average scores for songs on
> the albums ...
>
> Merci gabriel! Les scores du voting booth sont as follows:
>
> 1. Tigermilk - 7.71
> 2. Sinister - 7.65
> 3. Arab Strap - 7.62 if you count the top 10 songs on it, 7.42 if you
> count them all

	I'm not sure if this is a valid way to measure opinion on the albums.
By this measure, an EP of 4 popular songs would beat out all the albums,
and I don't think anyone but a trainspotter would claim an EP as their
favorite release. Personally I think Tigermilk is the weakest album,
though it does reach some of the highest heights... It's also not very
coherent-sounding. Both of the others don't sound like the mishmash of
Tigermilk. Not to say that that affects the songs, but there is more to
an album than the measure of its songs alone. It's the way they fit
together, and the sheer number of them! I was so pleased to see that
TWATTYBUS had 14 songs rather than 10. Lets home they keep up the lots
of tracks thing.

	Some call me.....Mick?

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)