Sinister: Grey skies but a bright morning...

Steven Jay Goldman mrswanky at xxx.com
Thu Dec 10 21:55:42 GMT 1998

Heya Sinisterines,

I was all pissy when I left the apartment today, but then I opened up my
mailbox (I had the itch that comes when something nice is about to
happen), and lo and behold, "Modern Rock Song" had arrived!!

After three consecutive listens, I have to say, it's a very nice body of
songs.  I haven't put the verdict out on "The Gate," 'cuz I want to give
it time to grow on me.  However, I already adore TIJAMRS and IKWTSG
(damn acronyms)...yummy pop!

That, and I finally own my first three B&S badges, which are too damn
cute. ;)

I had some weirdo peeking over my shoulder, with a look on his face that
one gets after eating something grey and furry that's been in the back
of the fridge for several decades...and he was looking at
TWATTYbusiness!  I turned around and inquired what his problem was, and
he just said he'd NEVER heard of Belle and Sebastian, but heard the
tunes coming out of my headphones...had I been in a more Warren
Ellis/Irvine Welsh sort of mood, I'd have shoved him down the stairwell,
but instead I just kindly let him know that his taste was absolutely
crap.  (If you'd seen the face he made, you'd have said so too.)

Anyhow, I sit here trying to decide whether or not to accept a part in
this production of Agatha Christie's "The Unexpected Guest" while I
research stuff for the director who's a friend of mine...
Not that you guys care, but the mitigating factors are those of distance
(driving to rehearsal means 1.5 hours of sheer traffic hell through a
very narrow Atlanta corridor) and talent (the folks I saw at auditions
frightened me and not by how good they were)...

I dunno, I suppose I'm a snob, but then again, that's what I went to
school for!  That's what Emory's good at teaching, by the way...

Anyway, enough ranting and stuff...

A quick ink poloroid:
I'm standing over my car, leaning back in a fairly awkward position,
mid-belly-laugh, looking at the couple of silly yellow traffic-ticket
envelopes some foolish Emory traffic cop put on my car...several folks
walking by are mystified by this strange boy with three B&S badges
pinned to his red Hawaiian shirt....

*endstuff*
--Steven