Sinister: Can I take Katrina's place?

Jake kenny at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 10 22:08:36 GMT 1998

Hi there all,

In the absence of our dearest David and Katrina I thought that I'd do my
best to answer some of the points raised by Mick McMick about new releases
by B&S and looper.

I want to point out at this stage that none of what I'm about to say is
guarenteed but i'll do my best to tell you what i know.

In case you are wondering who is Jake (or kenny as some of you will hate me
by) to start whittering on as if he knows what is going on, i'd better
explain how I know these things. Basically to make sure that all of the eps
reach those people who had ordered them from jeepster David and Katrina had
to get them all in the post by Friday evening and seeing as it just wasn't
going to be physically possible for them to do that they enrolled yours
truely as an honoury jeepster boy for the day. As a result I got to hear a
few secrets about the band, and here they are.....

As for the new ep and album, well the band are all booked in to do some
recording over the next few months, the odd day here and the odd day there,
but I haven't got an idea what they are planning to record and how they
plan to release it, but I remember reading a while back that Stevie said
the band wanted to record the new album in as short a time as possible, and
put it out in the spring, so that could be where that news is from.

Also in the studio is Isobel, she is there doing her recording, with the
entire band making visits to help her, again I don't know what has been
recorded or how it'll be released if ever.

The looper album is already recorded, and what a mighty fine mix of styles
it is too. There is impossible things#2 , which is like the single only
with a few different lyrics, and then theres a track which has Stu singing
( as he does on B&S's paperboat) and then he tries and suceeds at making a
cracking dance tune. I would have thought that there is more info about
that at the treehouse though, and I know that there are sound clips of the
album there. Go and seek.

And as for tigermilk. Well as we all know people out there are just
drowning in the sea of pish quality tigermilk bootlegs so I think the label
want to get a decent copy out to bugger those bootleggers. I think the
spring 99 date is still on.

And as my last role with my jeepster hat on I think that if you start
putting sound clips of Lord Antony or the like onto the internet then all
hell will break loose when David gets back, just waiting to start copyright
laws at you so I'd suggest not to bother.

So off comes the jeepster hat, and I'd like to suggest the ooberman ep,
it's great, and there is even a track on it like "A century of Elvis" only
it is about a rabbit and it all ends up very sad so not that much like
"...Elvis". But it is spoken word and it does mention foxes.

If you're still reading this then thanks for staying with me.
seeya
Katri.....I mean Davi..........sorry
jake