Sinister: it's dark already!

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Fri Dec 11 16:04:39 GMT 1998

darling list,

i've been fully converted to The Gate now - i think i annoyed my
boyfriend by humming it tunelessly a lot yesterday. and having seen
isobel's divine shorn head, lovely coat, and general gorgeousness in
Melody Mangler (god, it really is a complete load of toss) i think i
want to marry her. okay, i am female and furthermore have a boyfriend,
but these things defy logic.

the whole EP nursed me through a depressed afternoon when i'd just
been made to feel supremely stupid by my horrible tutor, and as others
have mentioned the horns on Slow Graffiti are just perfect. mmm.

i am not a musician in any sense of the word, by the way, and i feel
left out. though i did used to write songs with my best friend when we
were about 11, which included immortal lines such as: 'i've tried to
forget you but i never succeed/why do you remain in my memory?'
genius. now i just write poetry, and i fondly imagine that my lyrical
skills have slightly improved.

by the way, has the brighton meet-up been finalised yet, does anyone
know? as in where we're meeting?

only lucid when i'm writing poetry, archel xxx

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm