Sinister: Golly gosh it's US "vs" UK tosh (slight return)

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Dec 11 17:28:12 GMT 1998

For anyone who missed the exciting recent broohahah on this subject,
see the 'We are the world we are the children' thread at:

http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/mhonarc/199810/index4.html#00302

and see how cleverly it spoiled the list for a while.

Let's get back to talking about how rubbish 'The Gate' is.

My idea for what 'skipping acts' means:

My guess is it refers to popping out of the Strathcylde Players
Theatre for a quick snog with Sebastian when yet another turgid Am
Dram production begins to pall.  Either that or it's some kind of
playground rhyme.  It is not my intention to start a playground rhyme
thread, but if you would like to weave them magically into your
subject lines, that's fine by me.

Nicholas xxx