Sinister: Sarah Laddered Isobel's Tights On Purpose!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Dec 12 15:04:06 GMT 1998

Dearly beloved,

We are gathered here today in the sight of Honey to bid a fond
farewell to Beth, aka Madame Cholet, the saucy French womble cook who
regularly serviced Great Uncle Bulgaria until he was forced to undergo
extradition proceedings brought by the Clangers. It was at this point
that Madame Cholet drowned her sorrows by seducing Orinoco, the only
wrinkly nosed womble to have remained a virgin up that point. In the
confusion that followed, Orinoco lost the will to post regularly to
the Belle and Sebastian Mailing List, subsequent posts arriving at six
month intervals, packed with on-topic facts. The loss of Beth is a
great blow to the list. We will never see her like again.

But life goes on. Who called WeeJay a homosexual? And who suggested
that Lesley J needed a jolly good seeing to? Was it the same person?
Is Northy back? Whoever it was, as Adrian might say, I have to meet
you! I sometimes feel that the list has outlived its uselessness, but
stuff like that soon cheers me up!

Incidentally, for the benefit of Lesley J and anyone else tormented by
lustful thoughts of Isobel in school uniform, there were pictures of
her in that particular saucy get-up in Spanish magazine Rock Deluxe,
after the legendary Barcelona concert last September. I think she must
have had long hair up until shortly before then, there must be photos
of her Sandy Denny period somewhere. Can anyone help? The Wee World of
Worship is sadly incomplete without one. Still a good read though, and
proof that it is still possible to come up with something a bit
diferent about B&S.

Speaking of which, our local paper have decided to mark the release of
the new EP by reviewing the last album. Apparently it sounds like it
was composed in the Glasgow countryside and the music smells of moss.

The NME website contained some information about a week ago which was
attributed to a Jeepster "spokeswoman". I wonder who it was? I'm
already excited about the next album, I think it'll be crap. I hope so
anyway. Just for a laugh. I hope Stuart gets a vocoder. I don't really
think it'll be crap. But it might be. I might pretend it is anyway.
Still haven't got TWATJAMMERS.

Pumpkiny-Wumpkiny, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? Do I get a
prize for that? Speaking of prizes, I know who Vinicius de Moraes is,
even though I probably don't know how to spell it. He's the Bard of
Bossa Nova, the man who supplied the lyrics for many of Antonio Carlos
Jobim's classic songs, including THAT one. He also appears to have
collaborated with the founder of the Scout buggering movement, Baden
Powell. There are also plenty of records by V de M as a performer,
usually together with loads of other people, such as Quarteto Em Cy. I
don't know if they're any good, it's the kind of thing I pick up and
put back down again, because I'm scared to risk shelling out for it.
Any information, from Ivo or others, would be gratefully received.

I bought Tribute to Jackie Mittoo, the Jamaican keyboard wizard. I
haven't listened to it yet, but there are some fantastic photos, lots
of them taken in Toronto. Mister Mittoo seems to have favoured afros
over dreadlocks. Splendid, splendid! I watched "Seven" because Richard
Roundtree's in it, but he doesn't get to do much. I thought he was
going to be the murderer as well, but it wasn't to be. I bet he passed
on loads of bird-pulling tips to Brad Pitt.

Thank you Gary for a nice picture of Santa adding another log to the
fire, the mucky pup.

WeeJay pointed out that Tag and Keith always have the same opinions. I
would like to point out that I have the same opinions too, I just
pretend to have different ones sometimes, to confuse the enemy.

Sister Disco