Sinister: GRLKJTGIPGHVJHKHRGORGRHDHGXXX

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Sat Dec 12 06:32:34 GMT 1998

Hullo,
	Just an hour ago I was informed that I very well may be putting on a
Santa costume while little toddlers and babies sit on my knee tomorrow.
I will more than likely have to go "Ho Ho HO" and say things of that
sort, but I really hope that the regular Santa shows up. If not I will
get a picture and send it in to Honey for the picture page, which has
blossomed quite nicely as of late...
	So yesterday I was in the car with my mom, getting ready to do some
Christmas shopping. We were listening to the oldies station in the car,
something I do quite often, and a song came on that reminded me of B&S
quite a bit. Lovely organ bits that also sounded like Felt,
soul-sounding bassline, and no vocals to make me immediately recognize
it wasn't B&S. I asked my mom who it was, and it turns out it was Booker
T. & the MGs. So I bought one of their CDs and it's quite nice. I
couldn't find that song, but I am pleased regardless.

Mike Caught in Flux wrote:
> Forget the summer, I want to know where the winter's gone.  It's
> mid-December and still the temperature's in the 50s.  I want cold > weather, dammit.

	Well, I'm with Mike. I want SNOW! Snow....Snoooow....SNOOOOW (repeat a
la White Christmas). The closest I got was lots of frost on my car this
morning. That's well and good but it better stay this way, or I'm going
to find the person in charge of the weather here in the US and smack
them around until they give us proper weather. 60's indeed! Hmph.
	Speaking of the US, I've ignored this whole UK vs. US thread, and will
continue to do so. It's sad to see Beth go, and I hope this list doesn't
go the way of the other list I was on that she quit.
	In more pleasant news, I ordered my copy of the new EP yesterday. They
said it would be here tuesday or wednesday. Also got that Ballroom CD,
so I hope it's as good as the Millenium. I think I'm getting the
Sagittarius CD for Christmas too, in fact I'm almost positive about it.
	I've decided that I need a B&S tape for my car. Well, other than
Tigermilk of course. I decided I would make a tape of my favorite
songs...but then I realized I ought to wait until I get the new EP, so I
will. But, I think this is a good idea, as I always end up listening to
my tapes more than my CDs, since I have so many more CDs, and usually am
too lazy to switch the tapes around in my car much. Has anyone else done
this, or am I a pioneering little Sinisterine...?
	On the subject of the as-yet-to-be-released EP & album, it seems to me
that there are lots of references to the next album being recorded soon,
but none to the EP being recorded soon. That makes me think the EP
already has been. Anyone remember Stuart posting about how they'd just
recorded "Paper Boat," and then another post about them recording an
as-yet-unnamed song? I was thinking, though, they'd better get to
writing songs soon! After all, they seem to have played most of the
songs off of DJMARSBAR and TWATTYBUS at shows long before they were
released. So I ask you, where are these songs for this new EP & album
going to come from? Evidently they have enough for an EP: Lord Anthony,
Wrong Girl, the aforementioned Paper Boat and the lovely lovely
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner. That's four there. But what of
the album? Will they resurrect Rhoda? The instrumental Tigermilk? Some
old Struan demos? Maybe they'll record some of these covers they've been
playing live... Maybe they'll do an album of Average White Band covers.
But regardless, we have no idea what the album will sound like, which is
really a first, isn't it?

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)