Sinister: i exist again, (replies)" (long but read dangit)

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Sat Dec 12 11:57:30 GMT 1998

hello all
im back after my getting my puter fixed, i coukldnt send email from my
parents puter but ive been reading stuff so i have lots of responses
bottled up inside reading to go boom
i wont rehash anything too old or dead, this'll be pretty long so if you
dont wanna read anything i say sskip ahead to the music i bought because
there might be something cool you wanna get

as for tweepop and that whole business:
i always tell people that B&s are charm pop, pop bands that rely on
their endless charm and which shows in their music, plus it makes me
think of lollypops
i have no idea if that is a common term or not but it works for me
a lot of indie pop falls into that category, it describes more the feel
than the actual music, i would put Promise Ring and Cursive into that
category and they certainly aint much like B&s except that they both
kick booty

what else...
oh about Fuck, im confused that their new record is not being worshiped
as it is by me
Laundry Shop is a stunningly perfect pop song, very simple with amazing
harmonies and a catchy as hell hook, just too damn short
i have the first two Fuck discs and conduct but not Pardon My French
because i keep meaning to getting around to ordering teh special hand
made version from the band instead of the boring Matawhore packaging
but i should prolly give in and get the regular release
Fuck is very high on my best of list for 98, im not happy that i missed
them in Boston a while ago but i had stuff to do and no time (grr on
school says i)

ok thats all the topics i wanted to respond to so heres stuff all my
own: this is a list of the many albums I've acquired since last i
posted, i think its complete and in rough chronological order
i might have already mentioned the first few but i dont htink so
(*=vinyl)

--Martin Newell-Greatest Living Gentleman (whoohoo anybody have any
early tapes Brotherhood Of Lizards, Cleaners From Venus or anything
else? ill trade my first born)
--David J-Urban Urbane (fun fun glad his solo is much more like Jazz
Butcher than glove and sprockets
--Dirty 3-Sad And Dangerous* (randomly found it its their out of print
1st album for those who didnt know and cared)
--Songs:Ohia-Impala* (bootiful)

bought at Other Music:
--Orange Juice-Rip It Up (not as perfect as You Cant Hide Your Love but
the second half is pretty cool)
--Ciao Bella-{ST} (very fun charm pop, the first second song on the
album called How Low has the spifffiest little guitar riff that make sme
dance)
--Secret Square-{ST} (havent really listened tyo it yet)
--Felt-me and A Monkey On the Moon (finally i really know what the fus
is all aabout glad to have one of the poppy albums finally)
--Cursive-The Storms of Early Summer (not quite as amazing as the first
album but like IYFS its almost impossible to satisfy mee with a follow
up)
--Lullaby For Thee Working Class-Hypnotist EP (i thought wounded spider
was gorgeous on the album, the live version on this is beyond words)
--Field Mice-Where'd You Learn To Kiss That Way (kind of uneven as most
comps are but some amazing stuff on it for sure)
--Gerbils-Are YoU sleepy?* (two of the best songs to come from Elephant
6 on here "you know portastatic is still my favorite band" im a sucka
for indie refernces, another great line: "your nose smells just like a
nose, your ears sound just like ears, your lips tastes sweeter than the
sugar on my spoon, and id like to lick them again" (paraphrased so dont
yell at me if i made a mistake)
bought around here:

--Tullycraft-City Of Subarus (Secret Stars combined with Fuck on
hyperdrive ("they say that i ddont know you, but i say that i do, kneee
high socks and diet softdrinks, im convinced that i love you")
--Of montreal-The Bedside Drama a Petite Tragedy (bets damn kazoo solo
this year, and best song about a bee, and best barbershop quartet
singing, very soft and silly silly)
--King radio-Mr. k Is Dead Go Home (the lead singer for this band always
ordered Kid's Packs when i worked at the theatre, it show sin the music)
--The Maggies-Homesick (fun pop rock stuff, random lyrics that arent
sposed to mean anything but nice harmonies and they're really fun live
(bounciest happiest bass player ive ever seen)
--Silver Jews-American Water (havent listened yet)
--Lily's-Better Can't Make Your Life Better (FINALLY the only Lily's
album i can never find, finally did)
--True Love Always-Hopefully (anyone heard these guys? they are so
great, mellow jazzy indie pop, ida without the girl sining and they
never scream (feel reminds me of first couple fuck releases, then again
so do a lot of things)

phew thats it, hope you stayed with cause a lot  of people here would
did these bands esp. True Love Always
oh and the reason i got some much: these were by x-mas presents (my
parents gave me my x-mas money early sincce i was going to nyc but i
didnt spend it all there
-----ev
np-True Love Always-Hopefully (amazingly bootiful, nothing bad about the
record that i can tell)

--
I'm just a shy boy sitting in a house
When everyone's gone