Sinister: Dirty street fighter #2

Warrander John - FML WarranderJ at xxx.uk
Mon Dec 14 14:50:50 GMT 1998

Sinisterines,

Some wry observations from the past few days:

Some juvenile and foppish oaf has been abusing this list to
send coded messages of love and devotion to his girlfriend.
Fortunately, Peter Miller has cracked his code so we can all
laugh at the sappy bag of wank-shite. How dare he waste our
time. Does anybody want me to go round his house and
stamp on his face? I'll do it.

I've been having a pre-Christmas break to catch-up with the
delights of those merry pranksters The Pastels in concert. It
meant I got to go to that lovely city Dublin and meet Joss
who's a very nice man (I think my bird fancies him actually
but don't tell anyone). I can't really comment on The Pastels
performance since Joss decided to assert his masculine
authority and drink me under the table. He also showed off
his cunning skill and courage by attempting to raid the
backstage area and rob any booze that had been left lying
around. Sadly, only a mouthful of crisps were his reward for
a brave and adventurous scheme. Joss is now my hero and
I'm going to spoil everyone's fun by voting repeatedly for him
on the list-crush page. I think I told Stephen Pastel that I loved
him. He said "I love you too John" and kissed me on the cheek.
I don't think he called anyone a "jobbie". The new untitled
instrumental The Pastels have written really is the most
beautiful thing I've heard in a long time.

Now that this "list-crush" shenanigans has established itself
firmly in our hearts, can we have a "best fighter" page too?
Mark Casarotto doesn't reckon he could have McTaggart in a
punch-up. And he's met him?! Brad acts quite hard but since
he owns a Field Mice record he's probably a wimp. Both Keith
Watson and The Duke could be dark horses I suppose. I can't
really think of anybody on Sinister who's particularly imposing
though. How stereotypical of us. Oh well, we could have a
"smartest person on Sinister" list instead. I'd vote for Heather
Marie Propes. Is it post-modern for pop fans to have crushes
on each other instead of fancying the band? It wouldn't have
been like that in the 70s. Are there really 14 people that fancy
Brad or is he just a cheaty spoil-sport? You may not be very
hard but you're a right bunch of weird scary fuckers out there
in Sinisterland.

Anyway, I have a feeling some Spanish football fans were
singing "the basque my father wore" to the tune of "The Sash"
last night. In the second verse he takes the basque off and
then in the third he gives his friend a blow-job. Spanish football
rules.

Genevieve, you could be the voice of a generation.

I'll excuse myself now,
Love...John