Sinister: A frivolous tale of woe.

Fraser mayfly8 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 14 18:35:47 GMT 1998

Hello kiddies,

What a weekend!  I don't recommend anyone work two jobs unless
absolutely necessary.  Upon arriving home on Friday night after a
long, long 12 hours of work I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep
for days.  However, my mood changed as soon as I walked into my flat
and was met with the sweet sounds of Slow Graffiti.  My flatmate's
boyfriend had found the EP at a little shop around the corner from our
place and had been playing it non-stop all night long . . . much to
our neighbour's chagrin.

I was so excited . . . and determined to buy it the next day on my way
back to work.  When I got to the little shop I went to the cubby
marked Belle and Sebastian only to find a terribly over priced copy of
Sinister.  My heart sank and my day in ruins, I made for the door with
my head hanging low.  Things started to look up when the boy behind
the counter said he had one put aside just for me!  Again I headed for
the door but this time with a modern rock song tucked neatly in my
pocket.  All day long I worked with a light heart knowing that I would
soon be home listening to Belle and Sebastian.

I went to the back room to get my lunch only to discover Belle and
Sebastian lying on the floor in a crumpled heap.  THE HORROR, THE
HORROR!  Someone had dumped my jacket on the floor, sending my knew EP
crashing to an early death.  The once bright and shiny cover was now
broken and dull.  The cd was all scratched to hell. . . how could
anyone do that?  I was distressed and spent the rest of the day
formulating ways to exact my revenge. Being pretty soft, I didn't come
up with anything good. Once my rollercoaster day was over, I slipped
the cd into my stereo with only the vaguest of hopes that one song
could be salvaged.  And again, one last time, my heart soared with the
sounds as the cd played through with out skipping a beat!

Just had to share,
Kristin