Sinister: Billie shacked up with B&S... and stuff

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Dec 14 19:46:53 GMT 1998

so there i am, in the local MVC store buying a copy of Rebecca on vid
for the duchess, and a Count Basie CD for me dad, when i glance across
at the 'Christmas Selections' rack, and lo! i spy the familiar green
glow of you know what. I go over and take a peer, just to make sure, and
it is indeed the record by the ones we love and cherish. Directly
beneath it was the Billie CD. I thought it was funny and cool. And for
our american and other worldly fans who may not know who, or indeed
what, a Billie is, well... i cannae be arsed explaining.

i hate the Narnia/Tolkien crap. It's all fairy bollocks, isn't it? All
those bloody elves and goblins and trolls and shit. BORING.

Oh yeah, and you can take that as proof that I WAS NEVER A GOTH. honest,
that was all just horrid gossip. who said that in the first place? some
glasgow boot wasn't it? Probably Amanda Rin thingy cos i slagged her
off, poor wee petal. I don't like the new bis record, but i don't think
it's because of my gender, more because it's a boring record. I did dye
my hair dark once though.  It was Jamaica. I looked a tit, but this was
well after i left glasgow so no-one there would ever know. Possibly. And
so what if i DO have a Sisters LP? It's the gatefold sleeve you know...
got it in Troon Menzies for a couple of quid a LOOOOONG time ago. But i
wasnae a GOTH. EVER.

Sad that Beth has gone. :-( i know how she feels, i've lost count of the
times i've been on and off this list. Sigh.

I love spotting movie or spoken word samples in songs... they happen
really unexpectedly too. Like i walked into the Dram studio one day last
year and there was the video of Frankenstein playing and i hear a line,
and i'm WHOA! so THAT'S where the sample comes from. It's about
safeguarding life and property. Thing is i can then never remember what
fucking SONG it goes with. Oh well. I always try and stick some dialogue
in my songs, although that may just be because i cannae sing.

i am going to shut up now.

keep the faith,

the duke

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'
Tangents On-Line http://www.tangents.co.uk
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net