Sinister: a few things

Janine Papp janine at xxx.com
Tue Dec 15 16:23:18 GMT 1998

dearest sinisterineeeees,

a few things... first, I am going to have unsubscribe starting tomorrow
until sometime after the new year since I will be traveling for a while and
unable to check e-mail :(  So... don't say anything bad about me or my
spies will tell me.  ;)

ok, next:  for those of you who asked for lists of record stores, I'm still
happy to help you out, but it's going to have to wait until after new
year's.  sorry.  but that's the way the biscuit grumbles.

also:  I know we've had discussions on this list about the
meaning/implications/etc. of the word "twee" but does anyone know,
etymologically speaking, the history of the word?  I apologize if this has
been discussed but I don't think this particular aspect has - and I'm
asking because a friend of mine wants to know for a specific project and I
thought you kids might be able to help out.  so please e-mail me directly
if you have an answer!

and.... shameless self-promotion... I FINALLY finished issue #4 of my
zine!!!!  It's here and i'm so excited.  woohooo... I would tell you to go
to my website for Temple of Sting but it's terribly outdated, so I will
update you when I get on the ball and update the site.  needless to say,
there's a lot of bee content. (even more shameless promotion, come see my
band tomorrow at 8 at brownies if you live in nyc)

anyway, I hope you all have wonderful fabulous times while I'm gone and
happy holidays and whatnot.  don't drink too much egg nog and definitely
get under that mistletoe and snog.

xo
Queen Bee Janine