Sinister: mumbo jumbo and bad song by B&S... and trendy stuff too.

Jarkko Fr�ntil� frantila at xxx.com
Wed Dec 16 10:16:32 GMT 1998

Hey you lovely sinisterians here, ive got a problem.

"What will the trendsetters do, when they run out of alphabets?"

Ok, my problem is that sentance. Is that by Douglas Coupland or have I
said something Really smart and cool sounding? You know, this
X-generation crap and such. Cause I just heard yesterday that I'm part
of the Y-generation (although I really HATE all these stupid "Ooh-
youre-a-businesswoman-so-youre-part-of-the-AMcBeal-phenomenan"), a
member of these under X-generationists. Well, I had a thought, that when
the Z-generation comes, we've run out of alphabets. Will all the
trendsetters start to use scandinavian letters after that, Å, Ä and Ö?
Or will they start to use numbers?

But back to my question: Has D. Coupland said something in the lines of
that, or is that really something I just happened to think? Hmm... Help
me!!!

Ok, on to other stuff now. I've been thinking, all you guys seem to be
quite big fans of you-know-what-band. Well, maybe we should have a
discussion about the WORST songs from B&S. Maybe some kind of a "worst
three songs by B&S" discussion? Hmmm, hard, I know. But I just listened
to "You made me forget my dreams", and I thought it was a bit:

a)
Dull, musically and

b)
lyrically a bit daft.

'Cause I have a hunch that you guys CAN be objective about music, even
about B&S... Some people have critisized "The gate" in here, but I cant
really say a thing about it since I STILL don't have that new
single/EP/whatever it is. Fooking recordstore, they're slow as hell...

And another thing, in no relation to other stuff I've said here: I went
to Semifinal club here in Helsinki on sunday. Markus Nordenstreng, this
ACE finnish singer/songwriter played there. Well, I had a date (first
one in over 4 months, yeah!), and the place was ideal for that. The
music he playes is basically this calm, slow acoustic music, soooo
beautiful. And the place was decorated by candles, and we sat in the
corner by the candlelight... And after that we went to my place to have
a few glasses of red wine and on the background we had... Belle &
Sebastian. Have to say it was one of the most wonderful sundays I've
ever had.

Now listening to: "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys.
Now thinking of: This evening.
In my mouth: bad taste from coffee and cigarettes.

@--->-- a rose, love and other pretty stuff, jarkko fräntilä.