Sinister: everyone thought it was a shame

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 16 13:19:43 GMT 1998

dear diverse, argumentative people,

outsiders may consider us a verily 'sinister' bunch, all really rather
homogeneous in our unwavering support of b&s, but PROOF that we are
not is in this whole good/bad b&s song opinion thing, where,
kerraazily enough, we are all far from agreeing.

eg: someone wrote that 'you made me forget my dreams' is dull and the
lyrics are silly, or some such thing. when i first heard that song i
cried, and it's still one of my favourites. i think it's a song about
war, but it might just be about seedy sex. i don't really care, to be
honest, as the lines 'we had peace for a night at least/but the
trouble starts today/this morning you'll say/'i'll see you sometime
maybe anon' are just lovely and seemed strangely RELEVANT to my life
at the time. nuff said.

as for chickfactor, i'd like to defend that from its multiple
attackers too, though of course everyone is entitled to their opinion
(*mouth goes all pursed up, glasses come to rest at end of nose,
sniffs disdainfully*. audience falls asleep.) it strikes me as quite
different from much of b&s's other stuff, which could be why some
people don't like it, but is also why i do. the tune is one of those
'ooh, it's slow, but what do you know? it's catchy too' things, and
the lyrics are pretty fine: 'when i get back to London from outer
space/will i fall into place?' nothing wrong with that AT ALL. yay.

right, missionary bit over for the day. if anyone can convince me that
'the rollercoaster ride' is a masterpiece then they can have a
sweetie.

luv archel (currently failing to write an essay)

ps: brad and robbie are clearly the spawn of satan and shouldn't be
allowed to corrupt dear cardie-wearing poppets with their evil
programme of indoctrination. sha na na want your soul. resist!

(just kidding lads, keep on sodomising those animals, yeah.)

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm