Sinister: Dingleberry Rock

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Dec 16 16:13:07 GMT 1998

Yesterday I rather foolishly suggested that Everett True was a boring
fat slob. Little did I realise that Mister True had accused himself of
the very same thing further down the page:

"Ah, I forgot that not everyone's an anal 30-something boy rock
collector with a passion for fashion and a memory almost as large as
his beer belly."

So I wouldn't fire him after all, Duke. What's more, he mentions
Dexy's Midnight Runners in two reviews on the trot, and most of the
reviews finish with "send 2.50 to blah blah blah..." which is
indie-tastic. Dexy's fans would love it round here at the moment, as
they are breaking down the walls of heartache by advertising a new
phone company. Another thing that caught my eye in MM was the
following:

"When changing guitars during the set, Adam unplugs and takes the
guitar off and swaps with the next one Simon's holding - which has the
volume down - and plugs in and turns up."

I was just wondering whether the B&S mob have their instruments turned
down when they swap them. Does anyone know?

Sarah, I agree with everything you say, it's great that Stuart Murdoch
writes from a bird's point of view sometimes, 'cos otherwise chicks
don't get a say in rock, apart from PJ Harvey and Hilda Baker, and
neither of them are really fit bits, are they? I mean, I wouldn't say
no, but you know what I mean. Oon has sent me a picture of a
mysterious oriental
beauty with her kit off, but it's a painting, so it doesn't count.
Mind you, credit where credit's due, the nipples are quite good.
Thanks Oon!

Sister Disco