Sinister: everyone thought it was a shame

Philly1013 at xxx.com Philly1013 at xxx.com
Wed Dec 16 15:51:11 GMT 1998

Hello List,

This absolutely not constructive possible debate over the worst, or shall we
say least favorite, song is right up my alley.  This is my first time posting,
I'm Phil, and I'm a Belle and Sebastian fan ("Come on everyone, let's give him
a round of applause.  You all remember how hard it was to admit it at first")
But anyway, the reason this is right up my allley is because it's a debate
that'll endlessly chase it self round in circles and prove itself pointless in
the end.  So basically, what I'm trying to say, is I'll never give up waging
the unnecessary war.  Maybe it's the red-blooded American in me, who's spent
far too much time in the hopelessly mild-mannered Canada, rearing its ugly
head.

Well if I were to have to argue for a B&S being particularly offensive, the
aforementioned "Chickfactor" certainly comes to mind.  As far as I'm concerned
if I want annoying schmaltz I'll go borrow my friend's Andrea Bocelli CD.
"Fox in the Snow" has been known to bring me closer to convulsions than the
profound state of joy brought on from other tunes.  I'm sure I could go on,
but I really shouldn't...

But who was it who was complaining about "Rollercoaster Ride???"  I find it an
absolute masterpiece to say the least.  I noticed from the Jeepster site's
poll it doesn't seem to be high on many people's lists, and am curious to know
why?    It's a lovely tune with some of the best harmonising the mighty Isobel
has offerred, and the lyrics are perfect in that what's-he-going-on-about sort
of way.  It had the the tough task of trying to top "Judy and the Dream of
Horses" for best possible song to end an album, but I think it almost does.
Almost, oh "Judy" is such a lovely song......let's not digress now....

Carry on,
Phil