Sinister: It's already Thursday, and soon it'll be Friday night

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Wed Dec 16 21:00:21 GMT 1998

trousers wrote:

> this Friday at 7.30pm  is the Sinister Xmas party at the Poetry Cafe on
> Betterton Street in Covent Garden, London. Everyone is welcome.

or, for those in the sleepy sticks that make up the south west of
england beyond bristol, you could do better that pop along to the Glitch
extravaganza down at the Jolly Porter pub in Exeter. Everyone is welcome
if you can fit into the basement room, and best of all it DOESN'T cost a
fiver to get in. Mind you we don't promise anything but a rather fine
sample from the Wizard of Oz being fed into the mix at some opportune
moment in the evening by the Duke of Haringay. I expect much beer will
be consumed.

We cannot compete with the Social repertoire of list celebs, although
with luck mr adrian evans will show himself, and Jon 'the lovin'
spoonful' wren will be around, as will the Duke and Duchess, natch.
Anyone else, come down and say hi or alternatively call me a twat, it's
up to you.

I am not firing the ETster, despite his similarity to Tim P!O!O!kins. he
is too good at brown-nosing, and he's giving me lessons. Besides, i love
the way he pisses people off so much. i dream of one day being able to
piss that many people off so gracefully.

i gave my first public reading tonight, and people laughed in the right
places. i was amazed. i read them my new B&S 'review' and everyone
looked confused, so it was a complete success. The poets didn't know
what to make of it all and kept asking, what does P!O!O! actually MEAN.
I just said it means i sell twice as many books as you :-)

John, wasn't it you who said that MAnchester Waterstones was sold out? I
hope you made them order more... and it wasn't your sister i called a
boot was it?

oh well i'm off to write for a job near barcelona... anything to get
nearer to that Miller man.

keep the faith,

the duke

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'
Tangents On-Line http://www.tangents.co.uk
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net