Sinister: EP stuff

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Wed Dec 16 21:49:27 GMT 1998

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:30:01 EST
> From: Ewansknob at xxx.com
> Subject: Sinister: bathing in a sea of lemon jello
>
> the gate is alright enough.  count me in as an isobel defender..
>
> stevie thomas jackson, however, is an entirely diffferent matter
altogether.
> why do they let the man sing, or worse yet, write songs?
> i like seymour stein, especially the smiths references,
> but the first song on the new ep should be called
> "this is just a good song except for the bit when stevie sings";
> and i agree with whoever said that chickfactor is simply appalling:
> trite lyrics, poor arrangement, lack of discernible structure or melody
or...
> i could go on

Does anyone also notice his themes to his songs?  It;'s always something
about stardom!  Was anyone ever specifically chasing him through the
streets like the Beatles?  All I ever heard about was Stuart and some about
Isobel.  There is a bit of distinctive charm to his voice---it reminds me
of Ringo.

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:41:29 EET
> From: "Jarkko Fräntilä" <frantila at xxx.com>
> Subject: Sinister: orgasm
>
> Some american scientists discovered that a sneeze is 1/1000000 of an
> orgasm. Does that mean that if i buy some sneezepowder and invite some
> friends to my place we'd have a minor orgy?

Hmm....

(looking at the calender and seeing my first major allergy attack of the
season is 3 months off)

Damn.

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:41:09 -0000
> From: Adrian Evans <AEvans at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: TCS Operational Costs
>
> Declan McDeclan Wrote :
>
> Just Another... EP: mightily disappointing. will the band ever reach the
> =
> heights of 3.. 6.. 9.. again?=
>
> Do you want a regular or large portion of knob-cheese with that sir ?
>
> Why on earth can't people except that a band might want to move on and
> experiment with different sounds.  Go out and buy yourself another copy
> of 369.. and snowpake the title out and call it what you like.

People have got their favorite sound.  What can ya do?

> I for one think the EP is fuckin excellent, apart from TIGHTJUMPERS
> which only gets going after about 4 minutes which therefore in my eyes
> makes it a 3 minute gem.

Yeah, it always cheeses me.  I have to wait for the Dostoeyevsky part
before I get into it.  Currently, it's my favorite part of any
song.....especially the 4 boys in their cuorduroys line.  It makes me very
impatient to sit through the rest of the song to get to that part.  The
rest of the ep is good.....I would explain if I could, but the mellowness
of the summer song.....which is another thing aboutB&S that could use a bit
of tweaking.  They seem to find one subject such as summer and go with it a
bit too many songs.  Even though it's a great melody and everything, it
seems like they truly use every lyric they have ever written....as if they
will run out of them and have to close up shop due to lack of inventory.

s.s.