Sinister: Me And The Major

jas maldoror at xxx.net
Thu Dec 17 00:03:08 GMT 1998

 two things:
1) this is my first post, so hiya there whoever and ever.

2) i complete disagree with this (points downward to the bottom of the
message).. i for one, am glad that they avoid interviews and photo
sessions, it helps me focus on the beauty of the music instead of the
people involved.. i don't care who makes it, and i won't ever care
(excepting that i meet them). obsessing over people that one doesn't know
just strikes me as a completely illogical thing to do, and further, quite
sillier than obsessing over something that one can actually experience
(the music).. as for a major label AGHHH! what are you thinking? how many
bands have been ruined by labels? coming from a major US indie city
(louisville, ky) i've seen more good bands either give up after signing to
labels or simply turn to shite.. i can't say much about any major british
labels, or british radio/charts for that matter, but 99% of major label
american music, american charts, and american radio is total crap. I do
agree that they should tour a bit more, but i don't think that they need
promotion if they don't want it. all it would really mean for them would
be more money and more fans -- which would bring a lot more bad than good
really. with money comes (usually) a want for more money, or a loss of
interest.. with fans, i know i personally would feel like i was expected
to do something, which would push me further from doing it -- as that is
most certainly not a good reason for writing music.. do you want another
Oasis? i surely hope not.

'tis all.. abye,
-jas Osborne