Sinister: Me And The Major

David Clewett davedwin at xxx.com
Wed Dec 16 23:44:03 GMT 1998

 What i'm wondering is:

what on this blue earth do b&s want?
are they in this for the money?
something tells me no.
do they want to be famous and prestigious?

the road that b&s need to follow is the road that will please THEM the most.  they way i see it the band is about b&s making music that they see as beautiful, the masses can take it or leave it but as long as b&s are quite happy with what they do then their music will show and we will all be a bit more felicitous.  i doubt not that everybody here will agree that they are one of the most talented bands around.  As far as the worst b&s song list goes, i don't give a rat's arse as to what songs are placed there; they are still all better than the other shite i have heard recently

edwin
--

>On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Mark Cerzinski wrote:
>

>> Ok People,
>>
>> Here's the deal. I think it's starting to get plainly obvious that
>> Jeepster just aren't pushing Belle and Sebastian hard enough or far
>> enough. It's ludicrous that they've been getting away without doing any
>> proper interviews and not having their photos in the music press. We're
>> their fans and we deserve better. Would it really have been so difficult
>> to prune a track from the Modern Rock Song EP so that we could at least
>> get excited listening to the new chart rundown? And even dreaming about
>> a slot on "Top of the Pops" for the best band in Britain would be better
>> than nothing, no hope at all. I really think B&S should sign to a major
>> label now, before the potential they have is lost. They would be
>> promoted better, have better tours in proper, established venues and
>> their records would be easier to find and buy. Let's face it, B&S are a
>> Radio 2 band. Grannies listen to Radio 2 and they buy their CDs in
>> Woolies and Asda. They need a major label.
>>
>> 	Thanks for listening,
>> 	        Love,
>> 	      Mark xxx

HotBot - Search smarter.