Sinister: Just a thought.

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 17 02:21:20 GMT 1998

Hello all,

Quite a few posts on the negative side tonight, some I agree with, one in
particular, won't name it to protect the innocent though. I'm disappointed
that the Duke has decided not to sack that git True though, no chance of you
changing your mind is there ?.

I was just wondering why anyone would want to change B&S at all, try asking
yourself why you fell in love with their music in the first place.  If you
don't like Stevie's singing fine, but why stop the chap doing it. Who cares
if they don't want to do interviews. It's just publicity after all, it's the
music you love not the interviews. You don't form a band so you can sit
around all day doing interviews after all. If they don't want to sell their
souls to the great god of corporate whores, surely that's a good thing.
They're managing to sell a decent amount of records on the strength of the
music and a little bit of mystique.

And all this banter about whether a certain song is good or not. Come on,
you can't expect them to write top notch tracks that everyone is going to
like all the time. Every band has it's bad songs. Personally I like The
Gate, but there are lots of songs I don't like. It's personal taste that's
all and there's a voting booth where you can express how much you rate all
the B&S songs. There's no way you're going to love all the songs all the
time, or it's very rare. There'll always be one track you like slightly less
than the last one.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, I'm just in a shit mood and all
this petty squabbling is getting a bit irritating. Sorry if I offended
anyone, it wasn't intentional, I just wanted to have my say as is my right
as a member of this list.

I still say the Duke should sack Everett True mind you. 87)

Gary