Sinister: Just a thought.

Michael Donofrio michael.donofrio at xxx.edu
Thu Dec 17 03:29:00 GMT 1998

Hello,
I'm fairly new here, and I don't often write, but I felt I should share my
thoughts on this business.

> If they don't want to sell their souls to the great god of corporate
> whores, surely that's a good thing. They're managing to sell a decent
> amount of records on the strength of the music and a little bit of
> mystique.

This bit is such nonsense. In the US, B&S are distributed by
Matador/Capitol Records. How much more corporate can you get? They're even
featured in those damn music clubs like Columbia House (um, so says a
friend). Who cares? I like the music, not a business strategy. The reason
they aren't on the top of the charts is because few want to hear creative,
witty and sincere music. Not with a new Alanis album around.

Just a thought.
michael