Sinister: mediocrity is the worse?

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 17 14:17:02 GMT 1998

Hello!

I am not sure if the subject I have chosen today is a quote from Oscar
Wilde or someone else, but as lately quite a few listees have been moaning
and whinin about the poor quality and the low interest of most of the
postings, I was doubting to contribute to lower it even further , beyond
any conceivable point (cauliflower vs. Brussels sprouts in Christmas
dinners debate)as obviously my wit and wisdom are not enough to restore it
to its past, splendid times...

But I am too coward and have chosen just to keep my message in an standard
'interest rate' , regarding that perhaps that is the worst that could
happen to our list and indeed, I am subtly sticking a sharp knife into its
so white heart, pushing it to death.

The Pastels in Nottingham : here Marine Research were the ones to come
with Stephen and co, and played their heavenly part quite well. Stephen's
dancing is ace! Robin and me said hello to Jonathan at the end of the
show, as I had never met him 'live',but I had emailed him a few times last
Spring concerning a translation of a review of Illumination in Rock de
Lux, the Spanish 'so cool' magazine that Sister Disco Miller talked about
a week ago or so.Jonathan could even remember my name and was absolutely
lovely with us.He was wearing a really funny T shirt with lorries printed
on it!

About Chickfactor , I cannot help to rise my voice to give it my fierce
and brave support. The lyrics are touching though the tune is so simple.
I would discard 'could have been a brilliant career' if I had to with some
of the songs in TBWTAS>,but it is just a question of taste, not bad to my
eyes.The title is too Smiths,by the way.

Doubtful still about going down London for a few hours tomorrow and meet
my Guru of the List, el sen#or Pantalones, aka Stevie Trousers.Apart from
nice Mark and his cute,dark haired gal, Petula and all the rest,sure.I
have to be here on Saturday , so should catch the last train at 11 and
that implies just to say hello, eat some of that delectable Italian
cuisine and 'heaves on to St Pancras'. Maybe I will -> surprise,surprise.
If you see a girl dressed in red and looking around pretending to see but
not seeing in fact because she has left her beloved specs behind, that's
me, Arantzazu!

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel (pour toi,Philippe!),Felices Navidades,
Bon Nadal, Zorionak -> para Mr Miller

Arantxa