Sinister: Re: Me and the Major (and the Swede has calmed down)

Anna J eng98ajo at xxx.se
Thu Dec 17 14:53:50 GMT 1998

Hey everybody,
I thought I'd post a little something since my exam is getting near and I
really don't have any time for doing things that don't involve me putting
my nose in my books.

Mark wrote:
>Would it really have been so difficult
>to prune a track from the Modern Rock Song EP so that we could at least
>get excited listening to the new chart rundown?

Why in the whole world would anyone want to give up even just one B&S-song
for some excitement listening to some shite chart? The excitement you get
from listening to say "Slow Graffiti" is millions times that, and you can
press "repeat" and listen to it your whole life (or till your record player
breaks), next week Five or something will be topping the charts again
anyway. Ok, sorry if I'm all wrong, but personally I'm just happy B&S are
giving us our money's worth, and besides, I've always had a little special
fondness for EP:s.

>Let's face it, B&S are a
>Radio 2 band. Grannies listen to Radio 2 and they buy their CDs in
>Woolies and Asda. They need a major label.

If I had a granny I'd be proud if she listened to B&S.

Hey, does anybody have a granny/granddad that actually listens to B&S??
That'd be so cool. And we could make them honorary members and
godfathers/godmothers to this whole little list. Just a thought. And ooh,
they could knit us nice wooly B&S sweaters and bring cookies to the
picknicks!

Ok, I give up, I'm going to the library,
Anna :)

P.S. Thanks everybody for clearing up my little "natch"-problem, it does
all make sense now. And here I was, thinking you'd been discussing Mexican
food for the last 10 months.