Sinister: jessica in the snow with her ice princess furry coat on

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Thu Dec 17 16:04:48 GMT 1998

hello sinisterines,

i know you all missed me greatly. well, perk up your faces, because i've finished my essays and am now ready to fill up your mailboxes again...well, erm, not quite in the same manner that i did last time. this time, you'll actually care. maybe.
i had a wonderful day yesterday - i walked around, drinking tea (which i spilled all over my front, but that's not the good part), got the new wallpaper* (with a photo of a spanish magazine inside, that has sweet isobel on the cover), got a canadian magazine that quite frankly stinks, but LUKE WILSON (sigh) is on the cover...what a cutie he is, there's a boy named kevin in my law class that looks a bit like him and i stare at him comstantly (but it's not me who yells 'luuuke!' when he walks by). i hope i don't make him uncomfortable. but the highlight of my day yesterday was when i walked in to rotate this and found the TWIGJUMPERS ep, and it was the last one and i think it was just waiting for me (and the new shop boy was all condecending, assuming that i had never heard belle and sebastian and saying "have you heard them before? because this isn't the best ep to start with" in a snooty way, so i made a mental note to make myself a b+s teeshirt to wear all the time to avoid such misunderstandings). i really like 'modern rock song' itself, *especially* that part where stevie comes in. it's like in llpj, when monica starts singing and you don't know what to do with yourself because it's so raunchy and odd and totally unexpected in a b+s song, but after a few listens you come to realise that it's such ear candy to have this sweetsweet music with a raucous singer, it's worlds colliding and it's all good.

suzanne blasphemed about stevie:

>>There is a bit of distinctive charm to his voice---it reminds me
of Ringo.<<

gaaa! i'm not sure i'm entirely comfortable with stevie being compared to ringo. if you remember (and i know i do) ringo had awful phrasing, like i don't think he knew that the words were supposed to actually go along with the music. whereas stevie, he's just got a voice that's not watercolor like stuart, it's more oil paint and solid and a bit rough in spots but beautiful at the same time. it reminds me of dean wareham, actually, at the 5:30-ish mark where he does the "aaaa-aahl" thing.

we have snow today! i woke up this morning and the trees were glistening and the ground was slippery and my cheeks got all rosy as i was walking to the bus (and then i got on the bus and my glasses fogged up, which definitely is not sassy). i kept my eyes peeled for foxes, but all i saw was the raccoon that likes to sit beside the heat vent on the roof of the house across the street. which is pretty cool nonetheless, but let's face it, a song called 'raccoon in the snow' would not be nearly so nice. TWIGJUMPERS goes quite well with a frosty nose and a furry blanket, i very nearly invited luke wilson boy to have lunch with me because the first snow + belle and sebby = swooshy feelings, which translate roughly into distributing far too many christmas cards and wearing my favourite socks. they're twee socks (http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tweesocks ), you know. ahh, shameless plug.

thanks to xavier for mentioning one of my favourite simpson's moments ever, where homer brings the droodle (i know, i know, it's a dreidel) home from the rabbi and spins it around. i also like the one where lisa becomes a vegetarian and she makes gazpacho for everyone, and barney yells 'go back to russia!'. and doctor hibbert asks for a hot beef injection. mmm, smut.

love,
jessicaxo